Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oriental Lily Tester


I was testing out the Oriental Lily dress pattern for Tikki, and I did it in a 3 month sizing.....totally made me all clucky! Only for a minute though ;). It is knit in WOOLganics organic merino yarn in Leura (deep navy) and Blossom (deep rosey pink). It turned out lovely I think.



I cannot rave enough about this yarn to knit with, it is simply devine. My absolute favourite to date. It does have a bit of pill about it, as the Helena cardigan I previously did has pilled, but it's been shaved now so we will see if it goes for a second shedding. Also the underarms of the Helena have felted a bit, so in heavy wear items it might get a bit felty. But I truly do love it to bits.


I also cannot rave enough about this pattern. I adore it love it. It is simple and elegant, well written and just a great piece of work. I can't wait to dive into more of them to be honest. Lots of oriental short sleeve tops for summer I think :).

1 comment: