I am very pleased with the results too. I made a few mods on the pattern though, which I think added to my enjoyment of the final product.
- I did see stitch waist, cuffs and edging
- I picked up the patterned stitches on the edging, but used the same needle size for the whole project (4mm)
- I also did an increase in the turn of the edging for the 'collar' bit once on each side on the 5th row of edging
- I did 5 stitch wide ties
- I picked up 16 stitches under each arm
- I and did decreases (only slight) down the arms, one decrease every 5 rounds.