Friday, January 3, 2014

New Adventures, New Passions, New Beginnings

It's been a long 13 months since I've touched this blog.  In that time, I have gotten a part time job outside the home, my children have grown and I've discovered some new crafting loves.

My middle two daughters have discovered dance and as a follow on, I have discovered sewing dance wear.  

I don't have much time outside of work and kids to get any pattern designing done, I have started some test knits, but haven't had the followthrough to get most of them completed and pattern released.

Funnily enough, the one I have released was a ballet wrap!

I am diving into tutu making now.  And other dance costuming.  It's a journey I will be sharing as I grow and learn.  

Here is a jazz skirt I made, modelled by Miss 8.



This was created for a friend whose daughter outgrew her current skirt for her jazz solo.  I looked at the skirt and tried to replicate the general feel of it, drafted the pattern and did this skirt as a mock up for style and sizing.

She loved it, so I made the real one for her.



It's got a little pair of pants sewn underneath.


I was really happy with the results.  I cannot wait to see it in action, she's a talented little dancer, looks great up on stage, and was the highest placed soloist in the studio at the last eisteddfod from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment