Thursday, November 1, 2012

Frankenskein Part 2

*phew*

Nowhere near as bad as I was imagining.

Infact, it's quite nice.  Somewhere inside I am hoping the recipient doesn't really like it and I can keep it.  I know this is not going to happen however.

Here is the Frankenskein in as-dyed skein format:



In the centre at the top there is a darker patch, directly opposite that is a lighter patch.  You can't really see it very well.  Here is a close up shot, but I don't think you can see it here either.



And here is reskeined:





It's hard to capture the correct colours, but you get the point.  It's looking pretty good.  May need a little bit of alternating, and won't be consistent throughout the knit, but it's lubberly.

While I had the yellow dye out I did a few others.

These skeins are both WOOLganics 12ply.  I wanted to see what a bit more heat and a bit more time did to the WOOLganics yarns:





I don't know what I'm going to do with these two skeins.  I have been working on the Ultimate Soaker pattern, so maybe I'll do a run of the 12ply pattern, one of each size in these.  Or I might sell them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and you were worried!!! :D Just gorgeous as usual, Shannon ♥

    ReplyDelete