Monday, April 2, 2012

Moving moving moving.....

I have moved for the second time this year. I am now in the process of getting set up again and along with that comes the negotiations of real estate in our rumpus room.

Hubby and I have decided that the entire room is for the two of us, kid-free, so we are trying to decide how much space goes to crafting and how much goes to computer and other boy things. I am of the opinion that I need 7.5 tiles worth of space to his 5.5 tiles worth, but I don't think he likes this ratio.

In my defense though, he has plans for a pool table slap, bang in the middle of the room so I need to devise a way to have sewing tables on the edges of the room which means I need more wall space. Right?

Of course, I am neglecting the fact that I have plans on the pool table getting a top made for it so it's a nice cutting table in times of non-boy pool playing behaviour. And if we are being honest, that will be most of the time.

I am thinking of lining the entire back wall with Billy Bookcases from Ikea and building in some desks which can flip up and down for the sewing machine and overlocker. I might even do my 7.7 tiles worth of side wall in the Billy Bookcases also.

In the meantime, this is what the room currently looks like:



I got a bit excited at seeing my crafty goodness after months in storage so just ripped into the boxes and emptied it all on the floor. I stole our storage cabinet to put my yarn and fabric in, because it was saddening me not to look at it every day. My pretties are back on display now, all feels at peace even though I obviously broke my rule of 'nothing comes into the house unless it has a place to go'.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment