Monday, December 15, 2008

Gifts for baby Toby

The ever lovely tikki had her little man Toby a month ago (where does the time go?), and I had made him a couple of gifts. I actually had girly stuff on the needles for her, because I was convinced it was going to be a girl (I'm always wrong about these things) - so there had to be a quick change of tact.


Firstly a vest from the PeaPod Cardigan (rav link) pattern. It's done in bamboo/cotton and is really smooshy, although the yarn is quite splitty and slippery. I did seed stitch for the collar and picked up and did seed stitch for the arm holes. Great pattern.



I also made him a tag toy. Truth be told, I've had this one cut and sitting pinned for months and months as a UFO, but I hope the boy likes it anyways.


I had made this pebbles vest, but since baby Toby was a big boy, it would have never fitted him, so it's still sitting here. Actually it's a small pattern, would probably fit a 6lber, as such it might just go on the baby bjorn here.

1 comment:

  1. Olivia just said "Shannon must be cleverer than you Mummy. Can she knit us a cat too?!" Bless her! And bless you to........xx

    ReplyDelete