Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quick Dress Sewing Day

Today we are going to play a little game of "don't look at the finer details for want of seeing the dodginess".

I whipped up this Go-To Dress for Miss J today.  I have learnt a lot.


1. For the love of all that is holy, use stretch knit fabric, not stretch slinky, lycra-ish, I-won't-feed-through-the-machine, fabric.




2.  If you are wanting to do a sleeveless version, as I was considering, make the ruffle bit a little longer and you could do it.  Being the forward thinker that I am (snicker) I didn't measure before cutting it out, so I added some short sleeves out of the knit ribbing which I did a ruffled hem on.






It was my first attempt at using rib knit for the neckline and I learned how to keep it straight (because it isn't completely).

Also I didn't do the waistline casing for elastic, Miss J is happier with it as is.

Cute pattern, easily whipped up using just the Overlocker.  I am going to cut one out of more appropriate fabric to see how it goes now.


Shan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment